Computer Equipment Borrowing Policy
- Only current Webster University faculty and staff can check out computer equipment.
- The borrower agrees to follow the Equipment Checkout and Use Policy and complete the Equipment Checkout Agreement before a laptop or projector can be checked out.
- The borrower agrees to treat this equipment with the same care provided to similar personal property.
- Faculty and staff must personally pick up and drop off equipment in Sverdrup Room 107 during DTS's normal business hours .
- Please allow 10 minutes for equipment inspection by the DTS staff member when the equipment is returned.
Laptop/Projector Check-out Guidelines
- The borrower's employee information will be retrieved from the online directory,
printed, and then signed by the borrower for verification.
- Laptop check-outs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- To reserve a laptop, use the online reservation form or contact the Lab Assistant Desk (ext. 8623). We will attempt to provide equipment for urgent reservations, but we cannot guarantee availability without advance notice.
- Special software needs should be submitted two weeks in advance and are subject to licensing, availability and hardware requirements.
- Laptops will be held four hours past the start of reservation time before being released to walk-in traffic.
- Laptops must be returned directly to Lab Assistants in SV107 at least fifteen minutes before closing. Renewal will depend on availability.
- Assistance with laptop and projector setups is available during DTS's normal business hours for campus presentations. Arrangements should be made at least a week in advance and are subject to hardware availability.
Conditions of Use
- The borrower agrees and understands that Webster University assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to borrower's personal property through use of the laptop.
- Any special software needs are contingent upon licensing, availability and hardware requirements. Special software requests must be submitted two weeks in advance of the reservation.
- It is your responsibility to make a backup copy of any files you need saved prior to returning the laptop. DTS frequently re-images checkout laptops, and personal files will be lost.
- DO NOT LEAVE A LAPTOP UNATTENDED.
- The borrower should immediately report any equipment problems to a Lab Assistant.
The following programs are installed on the laptops:
Windows XP Pro
- Front Page
Acrobat Reader 6
Windows Media Player
Mac OS X
Acrobat Reader 6
Please contact the Help Desk at ext. 5995 or a DTS Lab Assistant at ext. 8623 for additional information.